Service Drop-off Instructions & Procedure:
- Customer will schedule an appointment to bring their bike to the shop for a check-in. Repair appointments can be scheduled at both our Longfellow (3016 Minnehaha Ave) and West Bank (301 Cedar Ave) locations--please choose the appropriate shop when booking your drop-off appointment.
- When you arrive: bring your bike to the front door of our bike shop and call us:
- Bike is to be leaned up against the bike rack near the front entrance and wait for service staff to collect the bike.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance when we retrieve your bike.
- Our service staff will open the door, confirm customer name & contact info, and bring your bike inside.
- Bikes will be thoroughly cleaned by our mechanics.
- We will give extra special attention to disinfecting the cockpit and major touch points (handlebars, stem, grips, brake and shift levers, saddle, top tube will be wiped with isopropyl alcohol (Source: CDC)).
- Our mechanic will write up a full estimate for repair, and call or email the customer with the estimate and repair timeline to get consent for service to begin.
- Full deposits for the estimate will be taken at this time (cash or credit/debit card payments accepted over the phone).
- Once the work is completed on the bicycle, we will contact the customer and schedule a pick-up time.
- Questions answered and any additional deposit will be rung out over the phone to encourage social distancing.
- Same pick-up process as drop-off: when the customer arrives, our mechanic will again disinfect the bike and bring it outside to the customer.
- In order to keep the shop and merchandise safe for our staff and customers, refrain from touching product or leaving the areas designated for customers.
- Please stay at least six feet away from people, including while standing in line outside.
- Each customer may bring with them a +1 if needed. If you are bringing a minor as your +1, we ask that you accompany the minor at all times.
- Cash is discouraged, but accepted. We have payment terminals that allow for minimal physical interaction, including ApplePay and other touchless options.
All three of our locations are Full-Service Professional Bicycle Repair Shops. If there is a component or accessory that your need installed, maintained, adjusted, overhauled, or replaced we can do it! Please visit us for a free quote on any repair needs that you may have. We can perform repairs a la carte, or help you save money when multiple small repairs are combined into one of our tune-up packages! Check out the tables below to see what's included at each Tune-Up level. Labor rates do not include parts costs.
The Hub Bicycle Co-op is proud to offer a 90-day limited guarantee on our repair labor on shop-quality bikes. Some services may be exempt. Tube change labor is guaranteed for 30 days. See your mechanic for details.
Due to limited storage space, repaired bikes left at the Hub for more than one week beyond completion of repair will be assessed a $1-per-day storage fee. Bicycles left for 60 or more days will be sold to recoup part and labor costs.
We offer services on Class I, Class II, and Class III eBikes.
We offer full service on many brands, but if we are not a dealer we will not be able to get tools and parts for proprietary components. Ask our service staff for details.
Systems that we cannot service:
- Conversion kits
- Electric scooters
- Gas engines
Custom Wheel Builds
We have experienced wheel builders on staff to make your dreams wheel! Labor discounts are also available when you purchase all components for custom your wheel build from The Hub.
If you're interested in learning how to build your own custom wheels, check out our Wheelbuilding Class!
Mountain Bike Maintenance
We offer competitive rates for hydraulic brake and suspension services to help keep your mountain bike in tip-top shape so you can get out and ride. Stop in for annual inspections and services to avoid costly failures on the trail.
Internal Gear Mechanisms
We love people who commute by bike, and commuter bicycles themselves, so we love internal gears! We offer adjustments and full overhauls. We have you covered with the proper tools and experience to keep your hub running smoothly.
This service is perfect for after you get a fresh new powdercoat on your frame!
We offer frame preparation for optimal component performance and longevity. This includes facing and chasing bicycle frame surfaces and thread tapping services. We also offer half-off the frame prep labor price with full-price installation of related components so you can put that extra money towards better and more durable parts to make your bike run as well as possible.